S.O.U.L Praxis is a collaborative (un)learning experience for sex educators.
These sessions are not designed to “beat around the bush,” or center what we think we know. The trainings will require authenticity, transparency, and accountability. The current state of sex education highlights the compounding harm that occurs when we remove our full selves from the work. S.O.U.L. Praxis philosophy centers the heart, the authentic individual, and then we build out the collective, the community, the curriculum.
Trainings will be 60-90 minutes each, with time being split between the “work” and the “self,” wherein educators are given space to reflect on how this sessions content impacts them/their work/perspectives/experiences. I offer that until each of us does an intentional lean into unlearning internalized values and (sometimes) subconscious biases, we can’t provide sex education that is whole.
Sex ed can offer space for reflection, only if the educator does.
S.O.U.L. Praxis is your space to reflect.
All sessions will be recorded and available to students throughout the month of the cohort, and for the subsequent month. Slides as PDFs and a transcription of each class will be provided with recordings. Auto captioning will be used through Zoom.
- Jan 18, 2023, 12:00 PM EST – Jan 19, 2023, 5:30 PM ESTZoom
- May 18, 2023, 10:00 AM EDT – May 19, 2023, 6:00 PM EDTZoom Link TBD
- Jun 20, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM EDTZoom
- Jul 18, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM EDTZoom
- Jul 25, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM EDTZoom
- Aug 30, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM EDTZoom Link TBA
- Oct 03, 2023, 11:00 AM EDT – Oct 04, 2023, 5:30 PM EDTZoom Zoom Zoom
- Nov 16, 2023, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM ESTZoom